Improve your bottom line with GPS tracking
Fleet management isn’t about Big Brother watching to see if employees are goofing off. The new wave of GPS tracking is about being smart, efficient and saving money with the help of technology.
Today’s GPS fleet tracking technology combines the powerful features and cost efficiencies of Global Positioning Systems (GPS) and web-based technology.
GPS fleet tracking allows small business owners and managers to track their trucks in real time, increase employee productivity, detect and eliminate waste and fraud, while providing better customer service.
GPS Fleet Tracking allows businesses to
- Improve worker performance and productivity by tracking start/stop times, view driver routes and receive time stamps for entering or exiting a job site.
- Identify and correct driver behaviors that can cost your business, such as speeding, excessive idling, routing and scheduling conflicts, travel outside of authorized areas, unauthorized use of your vehicles and escalating labor costs.
- Ensure accurate time reporting for billing, payroll and ongoing service contract analysis.
- Notify you when your trucks need maintenance, such as oil changes
- Receive “real time” email or text message alerts for a number of exceptions usually established by the owner…such as speeding, odd-hours, idle time.
- Improve safety, reduce risk and lower insurance costs.
Although business efficiency is the major goal of GPS tracking, it is often used for monitoring employees, especially after work and on weekends. Let’s say you hire a new person, and they’ve got a $20,000 truck with $10,000 in equipment, you can see where he’s taking it and if he’s moonlighting with your vehicle or doing something else he shouldn’t.”